Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm so BEHIND!

So, I feel like I'm the last one to read Stephenie Meyers' Twilight. But, at the coercion of a Barnes and Noble employee (of all people) I brought it with me to Indianapolis on our visit and DEVOURED it. No pun intended. I made the kids have one hour of "quiet reading time" today so I could finish it. And, even though I have about five copies of New Moon in my classroom, I can't get to any of them due to construction, so I'll give Stephenie more of my money and purchase it tomorrow. I can't wait to get started, even though I've read a million lit. logs on the series and I think I know the basic plot.

On the way to Indy I finished FOUND by Margaret Peterson Haddix and really loved it. I can't wait for the next book. How interesting that she managed to write such a good science fiction novel for young adults with the historical twist at the end. I love historical fiction and can't wait for the next one. I'm dying to see how she structures it! Historical science fiction?

Even though my patience for the twins was incredibly SHORT today, we managed to make an awesome cake a la Pioneer Woman. You HAVE to try out these recipes! http://thepioneerwoman.com/#tab2

No comments: