Wednesday, August 24, 2011

ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS



I can't believe I never read ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins. However, when the ARC of LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR (also by Perkins) arrived yesterday, I felt obliged to read the first one. Honestly, I HAVE had the first one on my to-read list for a while, but it continually got usurped by something more pressing.

Girls will LOVE this novel! Anna is an American girl from Georgia whose novelist father decides she would be better off at an American School in Paris, France for her senior year. She leaves behind a best friend and a "new-ish" love interest.

Within days, Anna meets Etienne St. Clair, a senior who is American but has a French father, and grew up in London (hence his British accent). Through a series of mishaps and bizarre circumstances, Anna makes her way through her senior year with plenty of surprises in store for the reader.

I engulfed this book in one night. Not really a boy read.

No comments: