Sunday, May 31, 2009

What's On Your Nightstand?



I love this feature on 5 Minutes For Books, but I've never participated myself. Here is my first go at what is what is on my nightstand right now.

Bella Tuscany
- by Frances Mayes (I have about 25 pages to go and other books have "interrupted" me! I love living Italy vicariously through her warm and comforting writing)

Boys Should Be Boys- by Meg Meeker MD (I am going to start buying this book for every mom of a boy I know! Recommended by a fellow mom of 3 boys, this one I can really highlight and rings so true! Maybe I'll figure out "the boy" yet.)

Strange Angels- an ARC from Penguin that I really want to get to!

The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller (why do "teacher books" always get short shifted and moved to the bottom of the list when a good novel comes along? This is the book I carry with me when I have to wait in the dr's office or the oil change place-I do love it but I 100% agree with her)

The Virgin of Small Plains-by Nancy Pickard (I've become known as 'the book lady' at school and teachers are now coming to me in record numbers to check out books. Last week I traded The 13th Tale for this and I'm loving the mystery of it!)

No comments: